Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Brisket?

Options
NCque
NCque Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've read several posts and recipes that recommend a whole brisket over just the flat. Well, I went to Publix and Kroger tonight to try and get one and all they had was flat. I plan to stop back by tomorrow when the butchers are actually working to ask about it, but does anyone have recommendations on where to purchase a whole brisket? What's the average weight of one? Cooking for in-laws for Labor Day and will be feeding seven adults. Thanks in advance, Travis

Comments

• NCque, A Whole Brisket can run from 8-9 lbs to almost 16 lbs..I bought one today @ Sams that was 15.3 lbs, & not much fat...cut it in half as one end was thin, the other was thick...will smoke using GURU for 5-7 hrs @ 230 grill temp, then spritz w/ apple juice & foil for another 5 hour @ 250, then open 'er up & let her crank for 2.hrs @ 300 deg....can then wrap her up again & maintain above 140 F until slicing... I have never had a failure w/ this, so just offering it up for your perusal...good luck to you & Happy Labour Day...

• Steeler Fan
    Options
    Publix only has the flat. I have gotten them at Krogers, Sam's, and Wal-Mart. If you ask Kroger's they will get them for you. Then check a few weeks later and they w/b on sale. I think they must order a whole box and I may be the only one ordering.