Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Timing of Butt plus brisket help!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all, haven't posted in a while as I recently was transferred to Charlotte. Hope all is well.[p]I've got a quick timing question. I have 2 9lb butts I've got on now 4pm at 225 I figure will be ready by 9am tomorrow. At that time I'll throw on 2 7 lb briskets for my 5pm party.[p]Do you think the timing will work?[p]Also, I'd rather pull the pig at the party for some of the folks who haven't seen it. Will it keep with the foil/towell/cooler method for 8 hours or will I risk poisoning all my newfound friends here in Charlotte.[p]Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Comments

• jwirlwind
    Options
    Ohio Boy in DC (now in Charlotte),
    I have kept butt that long in the cooler. Just don't open until pulling time. Now if it were me, I would have had the brisket on hold and the butts timed for the party. Much better meat for bar b q. My opinion. Matter of fact, I would have doubled up on the butts and the hell with the tough brisket's.[p]Chef Jerry

• Jwirlwind,
    lol, hopefully I get the briskets right!