Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New XL spring assist

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just picked up and installed the new springs for the XL.....man oh man, WHAT a difference. The whole install took around 10 minutes. Opening and closing the dome is virtually effortless, well worth the time to install. BGE should be commended on one awesome upgrade....Anway, I figured I would post pictures of the step by step process...They are in the "Tips" section of my website for anyone interested...[p]Wess
[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]

Comments

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    WessB,
    Very well done WeesB. Even though I do not own a XL you and others like you once again prove the value of this forum.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    WessB, So the hole for the bracket was already drilled into the bracket. I smell brain poot. Simple solution for a minor problem. Now if I can get the boss to go along with me getting a 3rd Egg, I'll really have the problem solved. Nice instructions, should be printed out by any Egger that needs that upgrade. More cooking and less wondering where the Heck does that part bolts to.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    WessB,
    Nice photo instructions.
    I hope to have my kit soon.
    Take care,
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • California Sooner
    Options
    WessB,[p]Installed my XL spring assist on Sunday. Problem is now the wife can lift the lid and try to help cook!<G> Seriously, this is a great upgrade.[p]Jim[p]