Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend Food Photos

Options
BurntRaw
BurntRaw Posts: 565
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Friday: Pork Tenderloin marinated in a bourbon sauce - outstanding.[p]2006_0813FoodandSuch8_140003.jpg[p]Bourbon Pork Tenderloin
Submitted by: Bryan
ingredients:
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Bourbon
2 Tbs Brown Sugar
2 Pork Tenderloins
1/3 Cup Sour Cream
1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
2-3 Green Onions, chopped [p]Along with Nature Boy's Veggie Recipe.[p]2006_0813FoodandSuch8_140002.jpg[p]1-2 tbsp soy sauce
1-3 tbsp wine, sake or mirin
1 tbsp oyster or fish sauce
1 tsp of garlic powder (or fresh garlic)
1 tsp sugar
pepper to taste
and 2 tbsp or more of peanut oil.
Maybe a bit of sesame oil, or a tsp or so of your favorite rub. Maybe some lime juice.
Pour over veggies and toss with your hands to coat. Let sit 15-30 minutes. Any longer and the salts start yanking moisture out of the veggies and they shrink. [p]I used zucchini, mushrooms, fresh pineapple and onion. OUTSTANDING[p]2006_0813FoodandSuch8_140004.jpg[p]Then I decided to try some jerkey. Slided up some London Broil, marinated, set up the egg by "fooling" the Guru to 160 and then overcooked it by an hour (that SUCKED).[p]2006_0813FoodandSuch8_140006.jpg[p]Then it was good ol chicken and corn to finish off the weekend. After the jerkey debacle, it was a good way to end...except for the flashback![p]2006_0813FoodandSuch8_140036.jpg[p]2006_0813FoodandSuch8_140035.jpg

Comments

• BurntRaw,[p]How do you fool the Guru to reach only 160 degrees? Also, why did it "suck"? The taste or was it the consistency?[p]Howard

• BurntRaw
    Options
    Howard,
    To fool the Guru you wrap the food and pit temp probes together using foil, then set the meat temp to 160 (or what ever temp you want below the pit temp settings) and turn it on - it will be in the Ramp mode therefore the food probe will have priority. The guru will hold that temp until you run out of fuel. It works great for "cold" smoking. Mine was stuck on 160 all day.[p]As for the jerky, it had a great flavor but the texture was bad...like it was over dried, which it was. Now I know - next time it will be perfect.

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    BurntRaw,[p]Lookin Good! You got egging down pat.[p]Now all you need is to go the MOAEF Mother of All Eggfests.[p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • BurntRaw
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Thanks. I would love to go to the MOAEF and was planning on it after the Texas EF, but my idiot nephew decided to get married on that same weekend. I mean I will probably end up going to a number of his weddings over his lifetime, but how many MOAEFs can I make.[p]Oh well, I know that Texas will be very well represented![p]Be safe.