Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe for HAM

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi[p]I am a newbie to my Green Egg. This is my first effort at cooking a Ham. I have a 5kg(11lb) ham, charcoal and some oak chips. Where do I go from here?[p]Thanks in advance[p]Dee

Comments

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Morning deebeemac,
    A good place to start is recipes & new recipes links.
    Also the archives has a lot of info.
    Cheers & welcome.
    bruce

[ul][li]http://pork0334.htm[/ul]
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    deebeemac,
    You should be using Hardwood lump instead of charcoal. Is it a fresh ham or one that is already smoked? Dr Chickens double baked ham is a popular method to cook a ham. Someone can post the recipe if you ask for it on this forum. I don't know how to link a recipe to this forum. Try one of the sites like Dizzy Pig, NakedWhiz, Thirdeye, Or MadMax for additional advice. The recipes at the top of the page is a good place to start as well. Good luck, Tom

• BajaTom,[p] Yes I am using hardwood lump. Ham is fresh (green). Thanks for feedback[p]dbm

• Bryan
    Bryan Posts: 53
    Options
    deebeemac,[p]Since it's a fresh Ham, I'd do a Coca-Cola Ham. I haven't done one on the egg yet but I can tell you it will be "awesome", Some of the best pulled pork you can have.