Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Breast Recipe Hunting

Options
Newbs
Newbs Posts: 188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got some bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts thawing for tonight's dinner. Looking to draw upon the experience of you fine people for your recipes/methods. I prefer savory to sweet. There was a post a while back that showed pics of chicken breasts with a white sauce but I can't find it now. If anyone has had any successes that they'd care to share, I'm all ears.[p]Cheers,[p]John

Comments

• Kelly Keefe
    Options
    Newbs,
    I believe the recipe you're looking for is at the following link. Personally, I like to make the sauce a day or two before so it can mellow, but you don't have to.[p]HTH[p]Kelly

[ul][li]Chicken in White Sauce[/ul]
  • Newbs
    Options
    Kelly Keefe,[p]
    Thanks much Kelly. Might try that recipe unless someone else posts something that grabs my attention.[p]Cheers,[p]John

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    Newbs,[p]While I haven't done this on the egg, I'm sure you could. I might start it direct to brown the chicken and then move to an indirect set up on a small pan or dish so that you could cover them with the left over stuffing and remaining blue chesse dressing.[p]I made it several time before I got my egg and really liked it.[p]John[p]INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 pound smoked sausage (andouille), sliced thinly
    1/2 pound fresh button mushrooms
    3 tablespoons chopped green onion
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    4 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing, divided
    3 chicken breasts
    1 tablespoon Cajun-style seasoning [p]

[p]DIRECTIONS:
    To Make Stuffing: Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat; once sausage starts to brown, add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, then add green onion and garlic and saute for another 2 minutes. Remove stuffing mixture from heat, put in a food processor and add 1 tablespoon salad dressing. Process slowly in processor, roughly chopping.
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    Cut 2 inch slits in sides of chicken breasts and stuff with as much stuffing as breast will hold. Season both sides of breasts liberally with Cajun-style seasoning and sear in a hot skillet for 1 to 2 minutes per side, then place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with leftover stuffing and remaining 3 tablespoons salad dressing.
    Bake at 375 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.

• Newbs
    Options
    JM3,
    Thanks very much....that sounds great.[p]John