Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kohlrabi recipes

Options
Eggin in Peoria
Eggin in Peoria Posts: 262
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone cooked with these and have a good recommendation.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Eggin in Peoria,
    cook them??? H*ll I don't even know what they are!!! BTW I'm still wondering about my offer on the Ozark Oak that I emailed you about the other night!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggin in Peoria,
    We never cooked them... just picked them out of the garden,
    trimmed the skin off, put a little salt on them and ate them.
    If they get old they do get a little "woody" in texture though.

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    RRP,
    It is in the cabbage family.I would advise them to google it.Seems like how do you cook cabbage.The skys the limit.I would say however they do it in the oven do it on the Egg and it will be a better product.

• Eggin in Peoria
    Options
    RRP,
    check email.....busy two nights.[p]Not sure what they are either - co-worker got a "ton" through her farming co-op and gave me some to try. Looks like a mini-mini-turnip. Bigger than a radish though.

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    K_sqrd,
    That is the recipe that I was thinking of.
    Also, we peel and dice them and add them to soup.[p]Make sure that you get the small tender ones.[p]Just a side note, we also peel and eat the stems from broccoli, they are tender and sweet once the woody exterior is removed. [p]Good stuff,
    RhumAndJerk

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Eggin in Peoria,
    They're delicious peeled, sliced and steamed. Think of 'em as a turnip with a nod towards broccoli taste. Serve when as and when you'd serve turnips or rutabaga.[p]Ken