Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DR. BBQ's Backyard Champion Ribs

Options
Peggy
Peggy Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all, it has been awhile since I have posted on the forum. Question regarding Dr. BBQ's Backyard Champion ribs page 92 in Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ book. The recipe appears to be crafted for those folks who are not lucky enough to own an egg. I am going to try this recipe tomorrow. For those who have the book, could you offer me the green egg temperature and times? Dr. BBQ, if you get this message, I would love to hear from you.[p]Peggy

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Hi Peggy,[p]The recipes are written so that everyone with every kind of grill can use them. On the egg you'd be best to measure the temps at the grate level and the times should be a good guideline. All my recipes tell you to check the food with a thermometer, a toothpick or your hands, so don't rely only on the times.[p]Have fun.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Meinbmw
    Meinbmw Posts: 157
    Options
    Peggy,
    225 degrees at the grid is what I have used several times with this recipe .... great recipe.

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    drbbq,[p]Just finished eating some of these. They really came out great. Maybe the best ribs yet. Thanks!