Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My new egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got my new egg last Friday. The first night out, I made the best fillets anyone in our family had ever tasted. The next night I destroyed a perfectly good Papa Murphies pre-made pizza. Tonight I made Balsamic Chicken that was to die for. I guess score keepers would say that I am 2 for 3. Anyone like to offer some help on the pizza?

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Todd,[p]There is a plethora of info on pizza just a dozen or so threads down the list here. You need to tell us what setup you used and we can suggest other methods that should work for you. You will need a good pizza stone (not a cheap thin one either). BGE makes a 3/4" super one if you don't have one already. I am of the opinion that you need two of them, or a stone with firebricks under it, or a stone with plate setter, or a raised grid with a stone on it. A stone alone on the main grid just won't work with certainty and will yield a burnt crust almost every time. GFW and I both have websites that should offer some help for pizza, calzone, bread, and many other things. Please feel free to visit (http://www.tm52.com/bge).
    Let us know what you did and what you used.[p]Tim

[ul][li]Tim's Website[/ul]