Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Daggnabbit - My arm hair had just grown back...

RonboRonbo Posts: 90
edited 2:13PM in EggHead Forum
Well, here I am last week offering my advice and stating that ever since I started burping the egg during a TREX my hair has grown back...Insert foot in mouth. Did everything as normal except when I opened it the final time my hair on my are was gone in a flash. Oh well the steaks were darn good!

Comments

• MasterMasonMasterMason Posts: 243
    Ronbo,[p]
    Arm hair is highly over rated.... long as you still have your eyebrows your good to go.

• SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,612
    Ronbo,[p]I always wear gloves to protect my fingers, too late for the armhair though.[p]flashback-1.jpg

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    Now THAT is a well seasoned fore arm! You Da Man!

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    That's a good one, he he he.[p]Nice job with the table BTW.
    Clay

• wobinwobin Posts: 211
    Ronbo,
    I lost 11/2 eyebrows, all my ear hair and one sideburn about 2 weeks before eggs by the bay eggfest. Fun times with these things.

• gmangman Posts: 106
    Yeah! I thought I did good research on my BGE. When I got it, I was up-to-date on fire building strategies. I was aware of flashbacks. But dadgum it, no one warned me about the arm hair thing. Holy crap!!![p]Naked whiz, if you're listening, that needs to be a part of your FAQ. #73 How to preserve the hair on your arm.
  • eggoreggor Posts: 777
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]Thanks for the chuckle :-)

• Big HoserBig Hoser Posts: 104
    Ronbo and fellow arm hairless eggheads,[p]I did a T-Rex a couple of weeks ago myself and experienced my first flashback and singed my arm hairs, eyebrows and bangs (nothing like the smell of singed hair in the evening). This experience prompted me to get Steven Reichlen's grilling kit (link below) that includes extra long tongs (you can pick up a whole chicken with these babies) and the big heavy duty suede gloves. Now I just need to get a BBQ helmet...

[ul][li]barbecue set[/ul]