Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Artichokes?

J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A couple of people at EGGtoberfest mentioned cooking artichokes on the BGE. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. JCA

Comments

• RotorRotor Posts: 53
    J Appledog,[p]Now that sounds like a challenge. When I cook chokes I usually place them in an inch of half white wine half water with garlic and some olive oil. Cover and steam/boil for 40 odd minutes. To do on an egg ... I suppose I could cheat and just put the pan in the egg ...[p]The difficult part seems to be getting the wine/garlic flavour if you use the egg. Not sure how a grilled or smoke choke would taste. Well no answer here, but you raised a good question. I think I'll try to marinate some chokes and then grill them and see what goes.[p]Cheers[p]