Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Week BIG Success!

Options
CJ
CJ Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
[img]C:Documents and SettingsCraig JanusDesktop1st Pit Beefpit1.jpg[/img]
<p />Thanks to all of you for your sage (no pun) wisdom and advice. Who ever called this a "cult" got it right. I can't stay away from the Egg; it calls to me. And when I am away, I'm on this forum looking for new receipes to try. Wow! [p]So here's the update- ribs (baby back) last Satruday; hamburgers Sunday and Monday; rib eye steaks Tuesday. Break, spent more $$$ on a pizza stone and plate rack (oh, yea a rib holder, grill grabber, ash tool, tempature probe, and a ton of spices). Back at it yesterday with pizza and calzone. [p]I finished the first week with my first Pit Beef (no I realize there is some dispute over calling it Pit Beef... I am a Maryland native, so I'll go with it). I followed QBabe's instructions- bought a 2.5lb bottom round eye, seasoned it well, left it wrapped in the fridge for 3 days, put it on the BGE for 1hr on the dot between 350 and 400 degrees. Pull it when the center temp hit 130. I am so happy with how it came out I just had to tell you all![p]I knew I had achieved something when my wife not only acknowledged how well the sandwiches tasted but proclaimed that the BGE was the best purchase I ever made.[p]Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share the good will and thank everyone who has been so kind to answer my lame newbie questions! Pix to follow.