Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Excellent July 4th feast!

Options
Grillicious
Grillicious Posts: 347
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was a feast at our house. The cooking started Monday night at 11:00pm with two butts covered with Bad Byrons Butt Rub. 14 hrs later on went 6 racks of baby backs, 3 with Dizzy Dust and 3 with my own secret rub (hint: Indian chili). They cooked quicker than usual, so 4.5 hrs later on went blue cheese jerk chicken and ABTs. We also had sausages cooked on my gasser since the egg was busy cooking the others. At 7:00 the butts came out of the ice chest (temp at that point was 185*) and were pulled, and the feasting began. Everyone had more than enough, and praised and were amazed by the bounty of the egg. And a couple were giving it serious consideration. Alas, to my dismay there are no leftovers to enjoy today. I'll be firing it up again later to remedy that.

Comments

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    Grillicious,[p]Can I hear some more about "blue cheese jerk chicken"? My mouth is watering at that phrase.[p]Thanks!

• Grillicious
    Grillicious Posts: 347
    Options
    Herm, It's my wife's concoction. It's a marinade of low fat blue cheese salad dressing mixed with WalkersWood jerk paste/marinade to the heat level you like. We like ours nuclear. We marinaded boneless skinless breasts in this overnight. The blue cheese helps offset the heat, but as with all jerk marinades the longer you marinade it the hotter it will be. We have a couple of friends who shy away from anything hot, but they loved this.[p]Enjoy, and after you try it let me know what you think.