Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket on the Medium BGE

Options
uncbbq
uncbbq Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A newbie with good results so far on steaks, butt, chicken and ribs. I'm ready for my first brisket tonight, but it looks like a full brisket will not fit on my medium. Should I try a flat, or buy the bigger full brisket and cut it? Cut, the whole thing will fit fine. Or, I could curl it around, but it would then be fat-side on the side.

Comments

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    uncbbq,
    brisket flat unless you can find a small whole. If you visit the virtual webber bullet they have tutorial on how to seperate a brisket that is very informative. I think someone here has one as well. If you do seperate the point from the flat then be sure to cook that point longer. The resulting Q from the point is KC Burn Ends and is fantastic.[p]Doug

• uncbbq
    uncbbq Posts: 165
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    Thanks! What a great resource. We'll see how it goes.

• Unknown
    Options
    uncbbq,
    We have a medium egg, and had our butcher cut the brisket in half. Cooked our first one on Saturday,on a rack in a aluminum throw away pan on the grate.Cooked at 230F for six hours, results were fantastic.

• 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    Options
    Willie, Ihave a medium also. What type of setup do you use and what type of rack? The rack I got from my bge dealer is to tall to use with plate setter and grid.

• Unknown
    Options
    61 CHEV,
    Hi, Sorry to be so slow in answering, went to get more lump. The rack is approx. 12 x 12 inches and about 1/4 inch high legs. My wife calls it a baking rack, cost just a couple of bucks, just a cheep chrome thing you can get at a dollar store.