Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recover help needed ASAP!

Options
Scott
Scott Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried my hand at making a whole brisket, without success.[p]The temp was closer to 275F for a couple of hours at the dome. I finally got the temp at the dome to about 240F. After about 7:30 hrs, my meat temp was 191. I took the meat out of the BGE wrapped in foil, and put in an unheated oven. The meat looks good, but I can already tell it as tough as a board. Resting temp was down to 125, so I restarted the egg and I have restarted the fire in an attemp to salvage this piece of meat. I removed the top piece of foil, moved the temp up to 135, and put some water in a container for additional moisture. Any ideas, or am I wasting my time at this point? Please advise.

Comments

• Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    Scott,
    Did you pull a piece off and try it? Is it tough or dry or both? You can't untough a piece of cooked meat but you can slice it really thin and serve with sauce. My experience with dry is that you can't really remoisturize a piece of cooked meat either, but I'd try foiling it with a little apple juice. That's pretty much what you are doing now. It may help a bit and is worth a shot. But you should be able to tell now whether it's worth eating.[p]I've had my share of brisket busts![p]Good luck,
    Paul