Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoker?

Options
Haggis
Haggis Posts: 998
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Lots of folks have Gurus but has anyone worked up the courage to buy a Stoker?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Haggis, I just got mine yesterday. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but will soon. I really like the idea of monitoring the cook with my computer. I am going to pick up a wireless access point so that I don't have to string CAT5 from the Stoker to my cable modem router. If the system works like I hope, I will be able to use my laptop (wireless home network) to control / monitor the cook anywhere inside or outside of my house. Here is a good link from the Komodo board on the capabilities.

[ul][li]Stoker possibilities[/ul]
  • BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    MJC1003,[p]Just saw this. Great link. Please do let us know the results. I am buying one or the other.[p]byc39@comcast.net

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    MJC1003,[p]That feature is appealing to me also. Please keep us posted on your experience and help keep the Whiz honest in his reviews! :>)
  • Unknown
    Options
    BYC,I just ordered a wireless bridge (rather than access point) from Staples. It'll be a few days before it gets in, so it may be next weekend before I get things hooked up. I'll let you folks know how it works then.[p]Mike