Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

fajitas?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My family is having a big taco dinner Christmas Eve night and I wanted to maybe char-crust some kind of steak and saute some onions and peppers and blow'em away with some BGE fajitas. Any Advice? I have garlic-peppercorn char-crust. Thanks in advance.Jeff,{Bobcat Man}

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    BobcatMan,
    Here is the recipe that I made for Eggtoberfest. I use Leona’s Tortillas since they come in many different flavors. I like the chocolate ones, but the other flavors are great as well.[p]Have fun, this should be easy to make.
    RhumAndJerk[p]

[ul][li]Cinco De Mayo Fajitas[/ul]
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    BobcatMan,
    RhumAndJerk's recipe sounds great. I have made chicken and shrimp fajitas by marinating meat and vegetables separately; I use red and green peppers and onions which I also marinate in an oil/lime/garlic/spice mixture. I use a grill-topper with holes, again grilling meat and vegetables separately. Follow RhumAndJerk's marinade recipe, add some grilled vegetables and you'll have a great feast. And don't forget to grill the tortillas, too. Just flip them on the grill long enough to make grill marks on each side. Okay, now I'm hungry.