Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

YB . . . Clark's Sauce?

djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
edited 4:08AM in EggHead Forum
YB:[p]You ever tried Clark's Sauce? What is it best suited for? Any good on steaks as a marinade?
·

Comments

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    djm5x9,
    I use Clark's sauce all the time,i know the owner of the company Jimmy Clark.He makes 4 or 5 different ones but i like the original bbq sauce the best.I was over at a friends store one day having lunch and he had some on the table,i tried it and liked it,he asked if i wanted some,i said yes bring me a couple of bottles,he brought me 2 cases,everybody that came to my house the next three months went home with a bottle,it's good on pork and chicken.How's Mr.Z doing,is he ready for some more stuffed chicken breast.The original is a thin vinegar sauce with a lot of black pepper in it,good stuff.
    Larry

·
  • YB:[p]Mr. "Z" is fine. He is my chief taster, letting me know what is good or bad. Thanks for asking.[p]One thing about Georgia is all these small time sauce experts that are lucky enough to get their product bottled. Next time I am in Oglethorpe County I am going to have to get me some more of the "original".[p]You know, the chain stores just do not know what they are missing. For the most part, you have to go to Ma & Pa stores or small chains to get these excellent limited production sauces.

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    djmrx9,
    Publix supermarket is carrying Clark's sauce here in Augusta,you may wank to check up your way.
    Larry

·