Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tune up for my egg....

Options
jbrodie
jbrodie Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just replaced the old bands with the newer style bands on my large egg. The fit and alignment is much better now. While I was at it I replaced the gaskets, washed it with (what else) simple green and picked up some ceramic paint to touch up a couple of chips. I also bought an offset patio umbrella to cover the egg when it is raining. I live in western Washington and grill year round and that means a lot of cooking in the rain. It seems I am good to go for awhile now. Jim.

Comments

• SirKeats
    SirKeats Posts: 159
    Options
    jbrodie,[p]Can you explain this offset umbrella? How much was it? Got any pics? I'm currently exploring such options for my own back patio setup and am quite interested. Thanks!
  • jbrodie
    jbrodie Posts: 111
    Options
    SirKeats, it is an umbrella that is offset by an arm that extends out from the support pole. This allows the umbrella to cover something like an egg with no support pole in the middle of the umbrella. The umbrella hangs below the support arm and is opened and closed by a crank on the support pole. Fred Meyer (WA state) had them on sale for $99.00. Jim.[p][p][p][p][p]
  • SirKeats
    SirKeats Posts: 159
    Options
    jbrodie,[p]nice!! will swing by freddy's tonight and see if we have the same here in oregon.