Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another turkey question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When cooking 2 turkey breast at the same time on my BGE......
would two 10lb breast require the same cooking time as one 20 lb whole
turkey? Or would the needed cooking time be for the individual weight?[p]And........where can I buy a remote meat themometer so that I wouldn't have to open the lid to check internal meat temp?[p]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Jerry,
    The time should be more like individual weight...maybe a tad longer due to the added mass.[p]You can pick up polder type thermometers (with a cable ptemp probe) at most kitchen/bath stores, radio shack, and many places online.[p]Happy Thanksgiving
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Jerry,
    Sounds like you and I will be doing 2 turkey breasts today. I'll post a picture when I get mine going later today - by 3-4pm. I am doing 2 7 lb'ers and like Nature said, they cook like you have just one in there. I will be using a pizza pan as a drip pan under a V rack which will have both birds resting on their backs. I will rotate them twice during the approx 3 hrs at 350 deg. I think they will have the pop out temp gizmo's but I will also have a Polder probe in one to be sure. I pull them at 160 deg. [p]Oh, be sure to wrap the Polder cable that is in the Egg at 350 deg so it helps to protect it from that heat.[p]Rub a little olive oil on the skin so it browns nicely. I don't use any wood and it has a very lite touch of smoke flavor when done. A little wood goes a long way with foul.[p]Tim -- pictures later