Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WF Burger is damn good!

Tony
Tony Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This morning I was "making groceries" you Texans call it "shopping for food" :-), anyway I was in Whole Foods Market and spotted some pre-made hamburger patties, they look too good to pass up so I picked up a couple of "Green Onion Bacon Burgers", huge, they weighed about 3/4 lb each. I gotta tell you this might just be the best and juciest burger I ever tasted. Not kidding, it was that good.
I cooked it direct @ 400 for about 4-5 minutes one side and flipped and went another 2-3 minutes, it came out medium, results were spectacular. (*Please note: * I only think that is how long I cooked them, I didn't really pay attention to the exact amout of time. I was drinking the rest of the Mint Juleps that we made the other night, and I forgot to check my watch, so I guessed at the cook time :-)
They are a little expensive, just like everything else at WF, but it was worth every penny.[p]Just had to share my find.
As soon as I can locate my camera, it's still packed away somewhere with the rest of my Katrina evacuation stuff, I'll post some pics :-)
BTW: Don't waste your money on The Whole Foods LUMP, it's really bad IMO, unless of course you like cooking with floorboards, trim molding and base boards.

Comments

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Tiger Tony,[p]Where is the WF. I believe it moved from Esplanade. We used to drive over to the Museum and then stop at WF on the way back home. They also make some nice sandwiches. I especially like their Albacore.
  • Tony
    BOBF,
    They built a brand new WF on the corner of Veterans and Severn in Metairie six months before Katrina. It got flooded and closed down for a few months while they rebuilt. It opened a few months ago, better then ever. Not sure about the one on Magazine St. but I think it's up and running.

• BOBF
    Tiger Tony,[p]Thanks
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Tiger Tony,
    does it tell you the mix of lean to fat?
    ..i bet that's most of the flavor right there.[p]
    lean burgers are torture.
    you probably got a nice mix, 80lean/20fat

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Tiger Tony,
    I went to the WF store on Veterens today myself, on my way back from the airport. This was the first time for me, and I must say I was knocked out. The best of everything. I saw those burgers you were talking about and I was really tempted, but came away with NY strips, beef short ribs (still connected yet) and some King Salmon. Will be eating high on the hog for the next frw days.

• BOBF
    bobbyb,[p]I like the quality of WF products. You know we probably have enough eggers in the area to have some kind of a get together in NOLA or the Northshore. Maybe this fall?

• Tony
    bobbyb,
    Don't ever go there if you're hungry, you won't have enough money :-)
    I usually know what item I'm going to WF for, I go in with blinders on, if I don't I spend way more then I want.
    This morning I went to pick up a loaf of their "pecan-rasin". Man is that good! I also can't leave without buying some of their cookies.[p]Please let us know how the short ribs come out on the egg. Never tried them yet.[p]

• Tony
    BOBF,
    Good idea about the BGE get together. I think you're right, bet their is plenty egg'ers in the NOLA area and Northshore.
    Maybe we should make a post and see what kind of feeback and interest we get.
    Keep me posted.

• bobbyb
    Tiger Tony,
    I know what you mean. Can't believe I spent $20 for 4 beef ribs, let alone $23/lb for salmon. Better be good. But I must say WF is one hell of a nice store. They even have friendly, courteous, knowledgeable staff.... A rarity these days. I'll be back.
    Will keep you posted on the short ribs.
    Bob

• bobbyb
    BOBF,
    I'd be up for that. If you ever plan to be over on the MS coast, give me a shout. I could rustle up some egged food and find a few brews I'm sure.
    Bob