Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lowes Kamado cooker

Options
GaDawg
GaDawg Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In Lowes today I noticed that they are selling a kamado type cooker.
It does not appear to be anywhere near as well made and heavy-duty
as the BGE, however, I wonder if they plan to sell lump charcoal.
It would be nice to have a major chain store carrying lump. Has anyone
seen any in a Lowes?[p]Chuck

Comments

• GaDawg,
    Was in Lowes in St. Louis today...no kamado or lump.

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    GaDawg,
    Howdy, I saw one of the cookers at Lowes in Montgomery Al.,the name on the front was Maronnie or something like that.I didn't see any lump ,they may not know to carry it yet.Next time I go by,I'll ask about it.You're right,didn't look well finished,cost on one I saw(medium size) with nest was $498.00,seems high for what you get. Why get a Yugo when you can get a Lexus for about same price! See ya. Bob

• bigdave35180
    Options
    I was in the Lowes in Fultondale, Alabama yesterday and they had hardwood lump charcoal...I didnt remember the manufacturer but I think it was a 15 lbs bag for $6.47...I do remember that, especially since I thought that was a good price for the charcoal after being in a BGE store earlier in the day....... and at the time I did recognize the charcoal manufacturer, but can't remember it now..but they had no ceramic grills...David
  • thebbqguru
    Options
    Lowes in Springfield, Mo had a "large" type cooker for $699.00. The wall seemed quite thin, the stand flimsy, and it had "Made in China" stickers everywhere. The few folks in the BBQ section really knew nothing about it....too bad.

I'd be willing to stay nearby to answer questions, and tell people why they they should look at the BGE.

Sadly, I think it's the damn near free APR lowes card financing.....a 700 buck POS, spoils the whole bunch...

Just my 2 cents worth...
    Andy