Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max's (Emeril's) beef tenderloin

Options
Eggtuary
Eggtuary Posts: 400
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just made this tonight, and yowza! Absolutely awesome. I followed Max's suggestion to try it without the lobster stuffing, and it was still fantastic (and much cheaper!) I imagine the lobster would have been good, but it probably wouldn't have added a whole lot.[p]I've added the link below to Max's original post about this. Thanks again, Max![p]Mike
[ul][li]lobster stuffed beef tenderloin w/ pics[/ul]

Comments

• Eggtuary
    Options
    I also looked up Emeril's original recipe, so that I could know the ratio of ingredients (shallots, white wine, etc.) See link below.[p]I already bought the ingredients before I saw Max's suggestion to triple the amounts. However, it was still absolutely delicious just like this.[p]I also borrowed Max's idea to serve it with a white wine and butter mixture. From an old Jacques Pepin/Julia Child cookbook, I got the idea to add minced scallions, kosher salt and white pepper to the sauce. Man, was that good! I'm sure Emeril's Bernaise recipe would have been great, but this was a lot easier.
    [ul][li]Emeril's Lobster-Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Bearnaise Sauce [/ul]
  • Smokin Bob
    Smokin Bob Posts: 239
    Options
    Eggtuary,[p]How large a tenderloin did you or Max use???
  • Eggtuary
    Options
    SmokinBoB,
    Mine was a little under 4 pounds. I think Max used a larger one .... aha! That might make a lot more sense out of why he recommends tripling the amount of sauce! [p](Feeling pretty stupid right about now...)