Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What does everyone cook at Eggtoberfest?

Options
Q-Scoop
Q-Scoop Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now I'm really excited about Eggtoberfest. What are your favorites to cook and eat there? Catherine

Comments

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    Q-Scoop,My wife starts the day with breakfast pizza, then apple crisp, and then I start some wings. She usually finishs the day with a dessert type item I call Willy Wonka Tacos. I also bring a pot of Cajun boiled peanuts for a side. Favorites are anything and everything. You will enjoy the day and stay for the after party. The fun keeps rolling.[p]An Eggfest Junkie,
    Poppasam

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Poppasam,[p]I tried to ggogle the recipe for the Willy Wonka Tacos, no luck... I'm pretty sure I've never seen a recipe on what you've come up with. Care to share?[p]Scott

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    eggor, It's a version of a smore. She takes a small flour tortilla and layer down the middle with any or all of the following: crumbled almond paste, chocolate chips, mini marshmellows, chopped nuts and coconut. I have also chopped up snicker bars and other candies of choice. When I use snicker bars I usually just add marshmallows and coconut. Roll up the flour tortilla like a burrito and then wrap in a square of aluminum foil. Put on the grill (I usually do indirect) at a rather low temp and turn packets over as they get warm. Be careful not to leave on the grill to long or the flour tortilla will become brittle. All you are really wanting to do is melt the marshmallows and chocolate chips. You can prepare these ahead of time and throw on the grill at the end of a meal. Big and little people seem to love them.[p]Good Eggin' to You,
    Poppasam