Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

FINALLY!! A relaxing cook

edited 2:40AM in EggHead Forum
I'm doing Clay's pulled beef today, and it's the first time I've been able to relax about sparks not flying out the vent, running out every 15 minutes to pour water on the deck, and there's no bucket of water sitting under the vent to catch sparks. Installed the spark arrester this morning. Fire is right on at 250 degrees. Still must get a fireproof mat for under the egg. My paranoia dictates it.[p]About Clay's pulled beef. It is terrific. This is the second time I've done it, and the first time brought shouts of disapproval when I started to throw the bacon away as directed. Instead everyone suggested I mix it in, which I did, and it was yummy! Will do the same today. It's ready to be put in the DO to finish cooking. Then I'll freeze it for company next weekend, after we feast on some for dinner tonight. Reheat question later.
·