Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Help With First Brisket

Options
Jackbythesea
Jackbythesea Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got a 4.45lb. brisket flat today from Costco. This will be my first one so any help would be great. [p]CostcoBrisket.jpg [p]How long will it take to cook on my Large?
Thanks,
Jack

Comments

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Options
    jackbythesea,
    I've cooked three in the pasr 2 weeks and tine varied from 5.5-6.5 hours. Cooked them at about 275-300 indirect heat for about an hour and then wraped in foil and cooked them at 250 for about 4-4.5 hours. Then opened the foil uo being careful not spill the juice and continued cooking for approx another 45 minutes. Took the meat off the cooker, wrapped them back uo in the foil and left them set for an hour or so covered with a couple old but clean towels. All three were cuts like yours. Also maribated mine for 20 hours prior to cooking and rubbed in some stuff prior to cooking. My next try will be on a whole 99 cent a pound piece of meat trimmed by myself.I notice the inside temp of the meat went up to 180 quite fast but then dropped a little after the cooker lost some of its inital heat. marinating serves to change the taste a little but mostly I thing it adds the moisture (my opinion)you need to wind up with a tasty, moist piece of meat. Wish you luck.