Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eye of Round

Options
Saucy Sue
Saucy Sue Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I took out a roast "eye of round" from the freezer this AM. Hopefully it will be thawed out when I get home. Any ideas?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Saucy Sue,[p]I'm sure you'll get various ideas from others on how to cook it, direct or indirect, high temp vs. low temp, etc. Depends how much time you have to cook it. I tend to get home late so I do not go overboard, as I cook it direct at 350-400 until the internal temp is 125 or so. I turn it every 10-15 minutes so it doesn't burn. Two things....don't overcook it and slice it very thin. I actually bought a Chef's Choice slicer just for this and other cuts like it. Tastes great on a burger roll with BBQ sauce[p]Howard[p]Howard

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Saucy Sue,[p]Here is how I do them. If you skip the injection, keep an eye on the temp, they can dry out on you.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Click Here[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery