Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm so eggsited!!! Just a few ???'s, tho

Options
GrillGurl
GrillGurl Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Y'all,

OK, resistance was futile - we were assimilated yesterday afternoon when we drove 2 hours each way to the BGE headquarters and picked up our brand spankin' new large egg. We put it together quickly & had our 1st cook last night (ate dinner at 11pm). We've already done a spatchcocked chicken, turkey burgers, baked potatoes, grilled asparagus, hamburgers and are currently smoking some salmon with alder chips. So we're just loving this thing! It's so easy, not to mention out of this world good!!! (And yes, I've been lurking around on this forum for a little while to get ideas on what/how to cook on this thing.)

I do have a couple of questions that I'm sure have already been answered before, so please be patient with me.

1. Since we live in the humid south (Jasper, GA) has anyone had a problem keeping their lump outside, say on a screen porch? Or do we need to keep it in the house?

2. Does anyone use Pam for Grilling to oil up their grids before cooking? Does it get sticky?

3. What is the typical amount of time it should take to "shut down" the lump once you're done cooking? Last night it took a good 3 hours for the coals to actually stop glowing.

Thanks in advance for all your help. I'm so happy to be a new Egghead!

GrillGurl