Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Screen on lower vent

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the purpose of the screen inside the lower Vent? It must be something new as I don't see it in pictures. I just bought a large Egg and am looking forward to trying some of the many recipes that are on the different Egg websites. I have already cooked hamburgers and steaks with great success. I am hooked![p]Thanks
Jim

Comments

• BrianP
    BrianP Posts: 147
    Options
    JIM Wright,
    The screen is a safety measure to prevent sparks and the like from spitting out the vent and landing on something flamable. It is a gotta-have accessory - $10 for a large egg. The sparking behavior seems to vary depending on the brand of lump you use.[p]Brian

• RV9ER
    RV9ER Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks Brian,
    Mine came with the screen so I'm good to go. [p]RV-9er (Jim Wright)

• 2 Dollar Pistol
    Options
    JIM Wright,[p]I'm with you here, I just broke in my large last night. Did some sausage, I figured it's hard to mess up on sausage, but mainly just to get to know the LBGE and getting play with the temp/vent settings. Yeah I'm hooked too!!![p]Oh, BTW the sausage came out GREAT! [p]2DP