Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mothers Day Pulled Pork And Brisket

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my very 1st attempt on doing overnight brisket and pulled pork at the same time with the art of ceramics. Will be the toughest task I have ever done with BBQ, but hey for the 2 most important, most incredible women in my life it's perfect timing to put so much into.
Got a 9lb shoulder and a 11.5 brisket. Brisket seasoned with 50% CowLick with 50% turbinado sugar, and the shoulder with Obie-Cue's Texas Spice that I got in the OK Fest '05
145888306_1ad29477a0.jpg?v=0
This is where I regret not investing in better indirect setups for multiple large cuts. Just a simple plateseter w/a drip pan which rasied the grate a bit as you can see. But I managed to get both cuts on the same grate.
145896862_8aae8ebed3.jpg?v=0
And for dinner and a later snack, as I dont have a Guru and will be up pretty late babysitting the temp, simple wings with Dizzy's Jamacian Firewalk with the Weimers' Two Big Dogs sauce. I made this exact combo at the afterparty in Waldorf, but never got a chance to taste one as they went fast, so im in for a real treat.
Off to babysit for a few hrs...
145888305_571db2c926.jpg?v=0
145896863_b7269edbab.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Parrothead
    Parrothead Posts: 101
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Dude, the wings look awesome!! makin' me a bit hungry.[p]Good luck on the big cook. You will do just fine I'm sure. If things do go wrong stick on some of those wings!! Man, those looked good.[p]Good luck my friend,[p]Chris

Wobbly Pops to ya, Chris
  • Unknown
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Wings look great!! Just curious, is the 2 Dogs sauce very hot? Looked at their site but not much info.[p]Also, when you took off the 2 butts did you have any problems with the edges that hung past the plate setter? Were those areas dried out at all?[p]Howard