Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Like Buying Insurance

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just stopped by the Headquarters and picked up Spark Arrestors for each of my Eggs. [p]They don’t cost much, but they could save you big time.[p]Kudos to John at headquarters for coming up with the design.[p]Just sharing,
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• actiondcpd
    actiondcpd Posts: 13
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]Where is the best place to buy these online? I'd like to get one for my large.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    just ordered one for the camp, and a new spring for the band. am i the first to wear out the springs

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RhumAndJerk
    Options
    actiondcpd,
    Just call Headquarters and buy one from them.
    The shipping cost could not be that much
    R&J

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    correct - only cost me $5 for S & H and I bought 3 of them!

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Talked to John yesterday myself. My Eggs are on a paver patio and the siding of the house is a good 12" or so above the level of teh patio but I figured why take a chance when $20 for two plus shipping would be a good preventive measure.

• Unknown
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]I agree. Since I've been using kingsford lump charrwood I have been bombarded with sparks landing on my barefeet. I'm wearing rubber slippers as 99% of Hawaii does. Spark arrestor is a great idea. I fould if I'm using Lucy that reduces the sparks to nothing unless I open the slide vent for lotsa air. Then the screen would be handy.[p]Greg
  • MasterMason
    MasterMason Posts: 243
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]
    Your not supposed to look so much ;)

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 123
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]
    How much is "not very much"? My dealer is quoting about $30 for the large and $20 for the small.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    Ed,
    its about 14 and some change delivered from atlanta

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RhumAndJerk
    Options
    Ed,
    I am staring at my receipt right now and here is the cost:[p]MESH PANEL FOR A LARGE Qty: 2 Price: $9.95 $19.90T
    MESH PANEL FOR A SMALL Qty:1 Price: $7.95 $7.95T[p]With tax the total was $29.80[p]The panel for the large also fits the medium. I asked about one for the mini, but they said that there was not one. I may see if the small also fits the mini.[p]They are probably quoting the cost of a whole new SS Door with the Mesh included.[p]Hope this Helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    i agree.
    i just 'ordered' a lucy, too, from eggor.[p]those two together, with my 'unbreakable' firebox, and i feel like a dude with a tricked out el camino....[p]
    seriously, though, both are great ideas. no logical reason that both of these things should not be a part of a standard egg from this point forward

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante