Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday's Lunch

Options
Fireball
Fireball Posts: 354
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife loves pork roast, I love pulled pork. So it was p-pork yesterday and pork roast today for lunch. The left over roast pork will be used in Baked Beans and in Scalloped Potatoes. In am BGE-ing a five pound Loin End Pork Roast, think of it as a large pork chop. JJ's rub and pecan for smoke is being used on the roast, indirect at 350 degrees untill an internal temp of 147 degrees. Trichinae dies and 138 degrees. After resting for a few minutes the internal temp will rise a little and the roast will still be moist. I will post the results latter today. I am waiting for pictures from smokie Atlanta.
Fireball

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Here is my after lunch update. Hail to the EGG. For the first time in my life I enjoyed a pork roast. This one had some flavor. In the past I could never understand why someone would like to eat a roast without any taste. The pecan and JJ's rub added a lot, but most of the credit goes to the green egg. Mr. Humpty came through once again. Now I will sit back and enjoy stories.
    Fireball