Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

vidalia onions on BGE

Options
av8or3
av8or3 Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
in my gasser days i would just wrap them in foil and cook them over a low flame for several hours,until they were "clear". i'm going to cook some this afternoon and if there's a better way to do it on
the BGE i'ld like to know about it.
thanks in advance folks,hope your w-end is going well,jim

Comments

• Midnight Smoker
    Options
    av8or3,
    I peel the onions, cut an x in the tops and stuff a big hunk of butter and a beef boullion cube in the cut top....wrap in foil and bake for an hour at (around )350. Taste just like a French onion soup on a plate. I have also taken whole, unpeeled, onions and thrown on the BGE and cooked indirect for an hour or so. Very tasty and smoky. Paul

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    thats how i do em as well. ...a little sprinkle of dizzy raging river or tsunami spin is a nice addition as well . ..

• jwirlwind
    jwirlwind Posts: 319
    Options
    av8or3,
    One of my favorite's. When I cook anything that might take an hour, get out some foil and make a little pan. Take onion and cut several time like Outback does the bloomin onion. Stuff if with whatever you like. I do butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Leave the foil open and let the onion just do it's thing along side your meat.You can experiment with so many flavors on the onion. When meat is done, throw away and eat the onion. lol[p]Chef Jerry