Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE team, Cold Smokin', first full competition

Options
BTG
BTG Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Rockn' Ribs in Springfield, MO this weekend. We competed for the first time in all 4 categories, second KCBS competition for us. Our team is Cold Smokin'. Scored 17th overall with 56 teams. 6th in brisket and 8th in Chicken. Room for improvement, but we don't compete much. The eggs generated a ton of interest. If we had a truckload for sale probably would have a waiting list and an empty truck.

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    BTG,
    congratulations... 17 out of 56 is a very fine showing .. .and a 6th and 8th are none to shabby... .i know when we compete (free range bbq), i tend to look at all the teams and when i realize that we've finish ahead of teams (either in specific categories or overall) that do this 20 - 30 times a year, are professional caterors and or restaurant owners, i really see what an accomplishment it is . .. . you should be very proud of yourseves!!!![p]eggs rule!

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BTG, Very nice. More than respectable for a first time out. Great cookin. [p]People really do flock to those eggs don't they?
    Congrats
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    BTG, Congrats to you guys, that is a good showing and we all are working on improvement. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. It does seem like at a contest the Easter Bunny had just delivered BIG Green EGGS this year, We have a lot of fun talking EGG when we are not busy. You also meet a good many folks that have one and want you to tell them how to cook on it. BGE Forum and plate setter are my answer along with there is a learning curve.[p]Good Eggin' to You and your Team.
    Poppasam

• JDOTR
    JDOTR Posts: 85
    Options
    BTG,
    Congrats y'all! So now that the competition bug has bitten... How long till you do it again? I know I was already planning the next one before I even got home and I didn't even get a stage call :)!
    Good Job!
    Chet

[ul][li]Co-Bros-Que[/ul]
  • The Virginian
    Options
    JDOTR,
    Max and Spawn are competing under the Free Range BBQ banner in about three weeks in Chesapeake Virginia. Our next one after that is going to be one of the New Jersey comps in July, but not sure which one yet. In August its Bel Air,MD and New Holland, PA. Maybe Snowshoe WV in September, then Shelby NC in early November. Do you think you all might make it to Shelby??[p]Brett

• JDOTR
    JDOTR Posts: 85
    Options
    Hey Brett,
    I haven't thought ahead to November yet. My wife is due in September so I have not planned much after that. Hopefully our competition paths will cross soon though. Continued good luck to you guys.[p]Chet[p]