Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steaks Diane

Options
eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to try something a little different tonight, we planned on just having some filet mignon and veggies. But, we are getting a little burned out on the norm and I thought it might be nice to dress up dinner a little.[p]I have the ingrediants and a recipe showing the technique, been thinkin about how to do it on the egg. It will not be the easiest cook, thats for sure.[p]I've never had Steaks Diane at a restaurant or at home, so this will be even more interesting to see if I can make it work. By the way, anybody have an idea how long it would take for asparagus to finish if cooked at 400 direct or maybe indirect(foil)? It'll be kool if I could get the entire meal finished at the same time.[p]Wish me luck

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    eggor,
    Just had a filet with butter/garlic toast with some fresh parmesean grated on top.
    I got some fresh asspragrass today from a friend's garden. Never tried it. Let me now what you did.[p]Mike

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]well, don't tell no one but..... [p]i burned it![p]but I did have more in the fridge.[p]it only takes a few minutes then you need to flip let it go for a few more minutes and you're done, brush with butter and salt.[p]The steaks, well they were so-so, the diane part I didn't care for but Suz liked it.[p]I need to pay more attention to my garden, my aspargus plants, that I spaced out, had shoots 2 feet long and I was buying at the store!???[p]Scott[p]