Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leg of Lamb

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a 3 1/2 lb. leg of lamb and want to egg it. The only recipe I found called for cooking it 12 minutes on each side-this doesnt sound long enough, Any ideas or recipes?

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Branden Wells,
    that'd be for a boneless leg of lamb.[p]have you got a bone-in leg?[p]if you do, i dunno, i always revert to the classics. i assume you are considering it for easter?[p]rosemary, slivers of garlice stabbed into it every inch or so, some kosher salt, pepper.[p]man o man.
    very rustic. everyone LOVES it.[p]and even tho i serve it rare, no one flinches. it goes quick.[p]try lavendar smoke, if you have it.
    not too much.[p]or lilac wood.[p]normally i just do it on the egg without much fuss, and the charcoal adds enough smoke by itself.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    2ab660b3.jpg
    <p />Branden Wells,[p]I agree with stike, a roasted leg of lamb is hard to beat. I would go by temperature instead of time, you don't want to over cook it.[p]For another choice, click the link and check out DobieDad's recipe in the Lamb section. It is on my easter list.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Link[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery