Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large egg doesn't quite fit nest

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got the large BGE, and bought the nest to go with it. The instructions for putting the nest together didn't match the parts that came in the box. For example:[p]1. The instructions make no mention of the two cross pieces that go at the bottom above the wheels.[p]2. The instructions mention a hole in one of the legs of the nest that can be matched up with one of the screws on the ash pan door. My nest does not have this hole.[p]3. The instructions mention some thread protectors. These did not come with my nest.[p]The nest is pretty simple, so I think I put it together correctly despite not having the correct instructions. My problem is, the BGE does not sit quite all the way down in the nest. There is about a 1/2 - 3/4" gap between the bottom of the egg and the base of the nest. It appears that part of the cause is that the ash pan door assembly will not fit completely between the legs of the nest. This causes the door screws on one side to rest against one the legs, acting like a spacer, and keeping the egg from resting against the legs.[p]Did I do something incorrectly, or is this just the way the BGE fits in the nest? Thanks.

Comments