Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork this last weekend was fantastic

Options
sdbelt
sdbelt Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know its been ages since I've posted here, but its great to see so many names I still remember.[p]This last Saturday, AZGator and I had a little (40ish people) Final Four party at my house. I made pulled pork on the egg and he made brisket on his egg. Well, I'm not 100% sure what I did so well, but the darned pulled pork was fabulous, if I do say so myself. And that's not just my opinion, but seemed to be the opinion of darned near everyone there.[p]In fact, one guest was a lady from Tennessee that's lived here in AZ for quite some time. She said she was skeptical when she heard there'd be bbq. But afterward she said this was the best she'd had in her entire time in AZ, and rivaled the best she'd had in Memphis. If you ask me, that's high praise indeed. [p]Now mind you...I'm basically a city kid, born in Oregon, and raised by parents that could screw up spaghetti.[p]What's my point? My point is, that the egg, coupled with some Dizzy Dust and JJ's Q Sauce, and the knowledge I've learned from the good folks here at the forum are 99.9% of the reason why my cook this last weekend was a success. This way, the likes of of TNW and Nature Boy and everyone can bask in a little of the glory too.[p]--sdb[p]PS- Tomorrow, I'll post my significant revisions to JJ's Q Sauce. The crowd seemed to love it, as did I.

Comments