Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Pork Tenderloin Recipie

BryanBryan Posts: 53
edited 10:28AM in EggHead Forum
I tried a pork tenderloin recipie tonight. It was pretty good. Posted in the New Recipie section. Give it a shot.[p]Bryan
·

Comments

• Bryan, careful.l; your recipie (sic)post says tenderloin but recipe is for loin. I had posted a similar recipe once or twice for bourbon and honey hickory-smoked pork tenderloin which remains one of my favorites. This marinade uses fresh sage along with bourbon, honey, lemon juice, onion, garlic and ginger. I usually serve with a tomato chutney. As does your recipe, it makes for great sandwiches the next day.

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    Bryan,
    Thanks for the recipe. It sounds great![p]Do you season your tenderloin? WIth what?

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    Scratch that question.
    I saw after looking back at the recipe, that the marinade does that job. Thanks again.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Frozen Chosen,
    I am confused. The recipe posted by Bryan is for pork tenderloins - but are you saying the original recipe Byran, that he properly gave credit for, was for pork loin and not the smaller tenderloin? I am wondering what cooking at 375 and having • 1/3 Cup Sour Cream • 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise on the tenderloins will do. I have never grilled with dairy products. [p]Tim

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Tim M,
    I live in the same town with Bryan,I just looked up the recipe in the newspaper he posted,it is made with pork tenderloin, it even has a picture of it,i will have to give this a try,looks great.In the picture it's on a large silver platter with the tenderloin going around the outside and a bowl in the center with the sauce in it.
    YB

·
  • Tim M, You're right, the recipe does specify tenderloin. I read the post wrong. I know there is always confusion between the two, leading to gross differences in results if cooking times aren't adjusted.[p]
    ·