Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help, pork roast in baking dish

Options
Carl T
Carl T Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Several weeks ago, I cooked a 4 pound pork roast for my brother. His hobby is making custom golf clubs and he liked the roast so much, he is trading me a beautiful 5 wood for cooking another roast, and he supplies the meat! He just brought over my new 5 wood and a 4 lb pork loin roast in a glass baking dish. He already has it rubbed with his favorite spices. He wants me to cook it in the baking dish. I am figuring on four fire brick in the standard pattern I__I and putting the glass dish on the upper grill over the bricks at 250.[p]Does any one have any thoughts on temps or a better grill arrangement? I don't want to screw this one up[p]Carl T[p]

Comments

• Fireball
    Options
    Carl T,
    Wrap Al foil around the baking dish. If you don't the bottom and sides will turn a brown color, which make not come off. Your set-up sounds good from here.
    Fireball

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Carl T,[p] Not to sure my he wants to use the dish, is this to test
    the Egg. First if he is set on this method, you should
    place a small grill under the meat so it will have some room for the juices to sit.Once you have raised it about an inch or so you should be fine. Use your polder ( if you
    have one) then place dish on the egg grill & leave it. I
    would suggest you tell him his dish will take it's toll
    on the egg & thank him in advance for the addition to your
    collection.I can not see how the dish would cause a problem.
    Let us know how it works. I will be putting on a 3lb pork
    for tomorrows dinner[p]Earl

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    Fireball,[p]Thanks to both yours and Earl's suggestions. I wrapped the glass with foil and raised the roast on a small bread cooling rack. I cooked it to 160 and my brother said it was terrific.
  • Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Carl T,
    Glad to here it.
    Fireball