Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just bought my son a BGE.......man am I proud

Options
bigarms
bigarms Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought my oldest son a large BGE.........I think that I am as proud now as when he was born.[p]I have to get him on the forum after we have his maiden cook..... bigarms

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning bigarms:[p]I know what you mean. I picked up a Large for my older son at the EggtoberFest last year and have been answering questions about every two weeks on how to cook something. I keep telling him he needs to check out the forum, but it is also good to hear from him (and to know he still needs the old man's help). This weekend I am getting a second large (at the Ocala EggFest) for our home and will be giving my younger son the medium that I got four years ago to start this Egg Thing.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    bigarms,
    Sounds great. You might want to get him on before the maiden voyage, just to get ideas. [p]Mike

• ToddB
    ToddB Posts: 26
    Options
    Please adopt me... any father who buys his son a BGE loves too much and should share that love with others! ;)
  • Love Handles
    Options
    bigarms,
    I bought my son a large for Christmas. He's been using a Wal-Mart knock off for about a year now, and is he happy to finally have the real thing. It wasn't easy hiding the egg in the garage though, no matter how many sheet and blankets you put over it. See-Yaa

• LoveHandles,
    Hi Mike,
    Bought yer son a LARGE, damn good Dad you are. Want to adopt me????? LOL[p]
    Cheers,
    Bordello
    aka New Bob

• NCEgger
    NCEgger Posts: 67
    Options
    bigarms,[p]My sisters and I bought our Dad and Mom a large for Christmas. The first time he cooked steaks my Mom said that they were the best he has ever cooked.