Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cold No More

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well it finally happened… After about three weeks of being cold, Mr. Egg was finally fired up last night. Unfortunately, I did not have much time to be creative so I just smoked some breakfast sausage for dinner last night. I pulled the cover off of Mr. Egg, barely stirred the old lump and fired it up. I put a couple handfuls of new lump on top of the old. In no time the egg was happily. [p]I tossed on the sausage with a handful of barely wet Jack Daniels woodchips. I let the sausages smoke for ten minutes with the bottom vent open all the way and the daisywheel al most closed. I then opened the daisywheel up and let the sausage finish for another 20 minutes, rearranging after ten. Boy did they come out good, but a little overdone. Next time, I should decrease the time to more like 10 to smoke and 15 to finish.[p]Happiness is glowing bed of coals,
RhumAndJerk