Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cat's Butterflied Chicken

SundownSundown Posts: 2,940
edited 11:29AM in EggHead Forum
Looked through the receipts and I'm getting old...couldn't find the directions. As I recall there were some posted with lots of detail.
Thanks

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    07_23_0017_46_03_small.jpg
    <p />Sundown, I'm sure that Cat will give you additional details, but for now check out the link.

[ul][li]Butterfly Chicken[/ul]
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Sundown,[p]Here is the link. Cat makes the recipe using a turkey, but it works very nicely on chicken too.[p]Spin

[ul][li]Cat's butterflied turkey recipe[/ul]
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Sundown,
    Is this the one your looking for.
    Larry

[ul][li]Cat's Butterflied Chicken[/ul]
  • Gfw,[p]As usual GFW your stuff looks good, but I got a darker, cripier looking bird. I kept the temp closer to 350-400 and I put a pepper paste under the skin. It is an outrageous chicken.
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    char buddy, what's the recipe for the paste? Thanks.

• CatCat Posts: 556

Carey, let me know if I can help.

• Gfw,[p]I threw maybe 1 tbs of peppercorns into a mortar and ground them up. The I added 1 tps of oregano, 2 tps basil and maybe 1/2 tps of salt. Then approximately 1/4 cup of olive oil or just enough to create a thick mass. [p][p]