Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cat's Butterflied Chicken

SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
edited 11:48PM in EggHead Forum
Looked through the receipts and I'm getting old...couldn't find the directions. As I recall there were some posted with lots of detail.
Thanks

·

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    07_23_0017_46_03_small.jpg
    <p />Sundown, I'm sure that Cat will give you additional details, but for now check out the link.

[ul][li]Butterfly Chicken[/ul]
    ·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Sundown,[p]Here is the link. Cat makes the recipe using a turkey, but it works very nicely on chicken too.[p]Spin

[ul][li]Cat's butterflied turkey recipe[/ul]
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Sundown,
    Is this the one your looking for.
    Larry

[ul][li]Cat's Butterflied Chicken[/ul]
    ·
  • Gfw,[p]As usual GFW your stuff looks good, but I got a darker, cripier looking bird. I kept the temp closer to 350-400 and I put a pepper paste under the skin. It is an outrageous chicken.
    ·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    char buddy, what's the recipe for the paste? Thanks.

·
  • CatCat Posts: 556

Carey, let me know if I can help.

·
  • Gfw,[p]I threw maybe 1 tbs of peppercorns into a mortar and ground them up. The I added 1 tps of oregano, 2 tps basil and maybe 1/2 tps of salt. Then approximately 1/4 cup of olive oil or just enough to create a thick mass. [p][p]
    ·