Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened Fish-1st attempt and really good.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ctfish2.jpg
<p />This was my first attempt, I used Chef Paul Prudhomme's Redfish Magic.[p]ctfish1.jpg[p]Really turned out great. Steaks tomorrow.[p]Mike

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, Damn, another slideshow picture.

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, did you do it in the egg. That blackened fish is a chatholic's answer to meatless Fridays during Lent. It is on the agenda for two weeks, next week is Fl bound for fest and such. Tom

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    No, It was done on a Weber at the Lake. The Weber only got up to 650. That griddle was hot. I don't see any reason it can't be done on the egg.
    I'm going to have a few more runs on my my egg before OK Fest.
    That was catfish and man it was good.
    Long ways away, but you and Locolongball were talking golf. Any coures for Friday morning or mid-afternoon? [p]Mike

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, I am sure there is some place we can play. T

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Looks great Mike, I do that with cod fish in a cast iron skillet on a propane burner outdoors. The first time I tried it indoors I set off every smoke detector in the house. -RP

• ScottinKC
    ScottinKC Posts: 29
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]
    How long did it take?[p]How did you prepare the cast iron?[p]Thanks,

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    ScottinKC,
    That was done on my gasser at the lake. I'm going to duplicate the cook at home this week. I took preseasoned cast iron griddle and let it heat up for 10 minutes at 650.
    Melted butter and brushed on both sides of the fish. Added Chef Paul Prudhome's Magic. Cooked for about 3 minutes on each side.
    Steak Monday. I will post pics being blackened on the egg.[p]Mike