Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

disabledDKdisabledDK Posts: 64
edited 1:50AM in EggHead Forum
Hello to all eggers! I haven't been on the site for quite awhile, looks like everything is going great. I have two large eggs, one older with the old bands and one newer with the new band. Both eggs are outside, even with the same ceramic top on when not in use. My dilemma is: the new egg gets moisture inside, and even had fungus inside when not used for 10 days, I don't have problems with temps or cooking or smoke escaping from gaps, don't know where moisture/water is getting in, no problems with the old egg. When I burned out the new egg from fungus I noticed the egg was sweating. Anyone else ever have this happen to them? Thanks for any help (haven't contacted BGE yet).[p]DK

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    DK, this seems awfully similar to another post where the dome had hairline cracks running through it. My egg is fairly new and I have not had any problems but you may want to gibe the folks here in Atlanta a call. If there's a quality issue, I know they'd want to know.[p]
  • Wise One, Thank you, I figured I try the forum first, there's always great help here.[p]DK

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    DK, OK then try looking at this thread (rather than making you hunt for it).

[ul][li]Crackled Dome Glaze[/ul]