Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally! A way to please all of the steak eaters at my house

Options
Kinger
Kinger Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC02714.jpg
<p />I have been searching at length to find a method that answers all of the steak eaters needs at my house. The steak tonight was 1.5" NY Stip. I love mine medium- with a fair amount of char crust. My youngest daughter is like me but likes a bit less crust than I. My oldest likes hers med rare with no crust and so does her mother. The answer is as follows and is centered around the Trex method. Thanks to Grate mates for the options for my small BGE. Raised half grate (original BGE porcelain) over a fire brick. Half cast iron grate on top of fire ring direct. I cook mine and Emily's (the youngest) on the cast iron grid 90 secs per side at 700+ direct. Sarah ( the oldest) and Jen (the wife) have theirs cooked on the raised grid for the same amounts of time on the raised indirect grid. I then let the meat rest and bring the grill down to 400 to 450 and then put my steak back onto the cast iron and the other three on the raised indirect for 3 mins per side. Worked out really well and I plan to do this again the next time.

Comments