Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much pork loin....

Options
Jake
Jake Posts: 92
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
would you smoke for a party of 7 couples? I have 7.60lbs. Will that be enough? I know more is better but don't want to get more at this point unless you think I'm way under.[p]Thanks[p]Jake

Comments

• Jake,[p]The rule of thumb I use, and I believe it came from WISEONE, is 2.4 servings for every pre-cooked pound. You're on the edge at 7.6 pounds but that also depends on what you are serving with it. If it is a party and there are chips, drinks, etc. before you eat or if you are serving several side items with the pulled pork it will greatly decrease the amount of pulled pork needed. If you’re nervous I would increase the sides or chips and hold off cooking two butts unless you just happen to want some for the freezer. Just my thoughts..[p]Marty
  • LAD,[p]Tilt...error...I just noticed you said Pork Loin. No suggestions from me on Pork Loin. Although, I would venture to guess 1/2 pound for each person sounds like enough.[p]My previous post had to do with Boston Butts.[p]Marty

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    LAD,
    good to see you posting again, Marty!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • You won't have many leftovers, but you will have enough. [p]If everyone has a huge baked potato with all the fixings (my favorite), plus a vegetable and a salad, maybe you WILL have leftover pork.[p]Lee
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Jake,
    Just a note of caution. Watch your internal temp of your pork loin. It drys out really quick once you get past 145. That is the reason I went to pork tenderloins these days. LOl, Tom