Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Focaccia Bread - HELP

Options
Banker John
Banker John Posts: 583
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are studying Italy in our homeschool for Megan (5 years old)and to celebrate, we are cooking an italian meal tomorrow evening. Spaghetti, salad, focaccia bread and lemon gelatto (ice cream). I am in charge of Focaccia.[p]How in the world do I make it on the egg? I'm ok with making my own dough and baking breads on the egg. I need temps, recipe for the focaccia, how to shape the dough, use a pan for the bread, etc?[p]Anyone??? help![p]Banker John

Comments

• Banker John,
    John, check your email.

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Banker John,
    Its a fun bread to make. I baked focaccia on my pizza stone,- platesetter feet up, grid, pizza stone on grid, dome at 425-450. Use lots of cornmeal on pizza stone. You can use a roasting pan in place of a pizza stone if you want, grease the pan well and bake on the grid with platesetter feet up. A perforated pizza pan works great also, easy on-easy off.[p]Have Megan make the finger holes in the bread. Add more sugar than the recipe calls for- lets the kids enjoy the bread -(balance the bitter of herbs and virgin olive oil).
    Have fun,
    Clay

• smokinsop
    smokinsop Posts: 180
    Options
    Could you e-mail bread recipe ? Or put on forem ?