Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Rexes and American Idol Tonight

Options
wdan
wdan Posts: 261
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, my daughters made me watch Simon and company tonight but I didn't mind as I gleefully (isn't that a fun word?) prepared two, 1.8 lb choice T-bones I bought on sale for 5.99/lb. EVOO, S&P followed by a nuclear sear (hell, the new firebox is cracked again already anyway). 20 or so minutes rest while the dome temp stabilized at 400, then about 6 1/2 minutes per side.[p]What can I say? Same steaks, different day![p]My question tonight is, how long do the practitioners of a specific technique have to rave about its merits before said technique is officially designated as a classicly accepted practice and can then become a candidate for the hall of fame? I propose that the monicar, "T-Rex" be submitted as a heretofore almost kind of trademarked name which designates such good deeds that good-deed-doers do when so consumating their just and rightful endeavors to replicate and promulgate the said T-Rex methodology in perpetuity even lo through the valleys of the shadows of gassers, there shall be no evil feared for T-Rex will stand above them all in truth, justice and the American way...and maybe, just maybe...when the smoke turns blue and all LP evacuates into the blackness of space through the ozone hole... the BGE can ride T-Rex's shirt-tails and maybe finally get its due by getting its picture on the cover of the "Rolling Stone." Oh, I can see it all now![p]

Comments