Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Make Shift Wok

MeinbmwMeinbmw Posts: 157
edited 3:26AM in EggHead Forum
With all the talk recently about woks, I made use of a spare grid to make a make shift wok.[p]I had one of those square "veggie baskets" laying around, so I took it and laid it upside down on the grid. I then traced the outline of the veggie basket onto the grid and proceeded to cut out a whole in the grid about 1" smaller than the dimension of the veggie basket. I then had a grid with a hole in it in which I place the veggie basket ... the bottom of which is about 2" from the burning lump. The veggie basked stayed locked tight in the cut out hole of the grid. Used it last night for the first time and made stir fried shrimp ... OUTSTANDING! Looking forward to alot of veggies and other stuff cooked in my new little mini-wok.[p]

Comments

• edbroedbro Posts: 300
    meinbmw,
    Are you talking about one of those grilling baskets with all the holes in them?

• meinbmw, necessity is the mother of all inventions...You will enjoy woking in the egg, as high temps are no problem. Get yourself a good pair of insulated gloves. I'm off to pick up Mollyshark for the trip to lawnranger's deal..Tom

• MeinbmwMeinbmw Posts: 157
    edbro, Yes ... exactly.